It feels like nobody wants to volunteer at your church, but that’s not true. People do want to volunteer, but we often lose people or fail to get them in the way we approach the process. This book will help you understand the mindset of a volunteer and the opportunity you have to get people involved.
- Recruit them to a mission, not just a role.
- Invite them personally.
- Create low-risk entry points.
- Make sure they belong, don’t make them belong.
- Create clear, meaningful wins for the team.
- Give them a team that evokes pride.
- Pass the fire.
- Produce their highlight reel.
- Have a plan.
- Protect them from threats.
- Hold volunteers with a loose grip.